1. Collection of Information; Cookies. We may collect personal information including your name, address, email address, telephone or mobile number, user name and password, geolocation information, and if you make a purchase on the Website, your payment information, as well as non-personal information about your use of the Website.
2. Use of the Information Collected. We may use the information we collect from and about you for several purposes including selling you goods, providing you with newsletters and/or offers, advertising through email, postal mail, text message, and/or contacting you.
3. Sharing of Information Collected. We may share the information we collect from and about you with third parties such as third-party service providers, law enforcement agencies and/or government to the extent required.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION; COOKIES
CIPRIANI collects information from you when you use or visit the Website, create an account on the Website, purchase goods on the Website, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or other online services, complete online forms, participate in contests or surveys, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect from you may include your name, address, zip code, e-mail address, mobile number, user name(s) and password(s), geolocation information and other personal information. If you purchase goods through the Website, we may collect additional information such as credit/debit card numbers, billing address, banking information, and other information typically used to process payments. If you purchase a gift card for someone else, we may also collect personal information about others.
We may gather information about you from other sources, including, without limitation, social network platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) that you may use to connect to the Website. We may use this information together with the information we collect from and/or about you to provide you with offers, notifications or other communications that may be of interest to you.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information we collect from you and/or about you may be used for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, the following:
- To notify or otherwise contact you;
- For data usage analysis purposes or statistical purposes;
- To create targeted offers for you;
- To respond to your questions or requests;
- To process orders and payments
- To prevent online fraud or other fraudulent activity
- To develop offers, new products or services or to promote existing products; and/or
- For advertising purpose.
SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
CIPRIANI is not in the business of selling personal information. However, there are certain instances in which the information collected from you or about you may be shared with third parties. For example, we may share information collected from you and/or about you with our affiliates for marketing or analytical purposes. We may also hire other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as, for example, express couriers and online payment service providers, and/or we may send offers to our customers on behalf of other businesses.
Except as described above, you will receive notice when information about you might is provided to third parties, and you will have the right to choose not to share the information.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
SPECIFIC LOCATION PRACTICES
Residents of the State of California can request a list of all third parties to which CIPRIANI has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, please ensure you put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail or by fax, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
European Economic Area (EEA)
If you use the Website from the EEA, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local laws. These include, without limitation, the following rights: (i) the right to access to customer personal information, (ii) the right to rectify information we hold about our customers, (iii) the right to erase customer personal information, (iv) the right to restrict our use of customer personal information, (v) the right to object to our use of customer personal information, (vi) the right to receive customer personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability), and (vii) the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
Additionally, please review the section entitled “CUSTOMER DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS” and review the protections afforded to CIPRIANI customers who are covered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Website may use third-party advertising companies to post ads regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you or to customers in general. You may see such ads when you access and/or use our Website. Such third-party advertising companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to protect the Website or your personal information within. However, we cannot guarantee that your data will not be compromised. If you have reason to believe that your data has been compromised, please immediately notify us at: email@example.com. Likewise, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and do not provide your credit card information unless you are connected to the Website using a secured connection.
CUSTOMER DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have:
- The Right to be Informed: You have the right to know how we collect your data and how we are going to use your data (a/k/a, privacy information). We achieve
- The Right to Access: You have the right to receive a copy of your data and to verify that we are lawfully processing it.
- The Right of Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- The Right to Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep it.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request us to transfer your personal information to another company.
- The Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to challenge certain types of processing.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making and Profiling: You have the right to be informed if we are carrying solely automated-decision making, including
profiling with legal or significant effects.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like update or delete your personal information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org. When writing to us, please clearly identify what information you would like to update or delete. When processing your request, we may ask you questions to verify your identity. Please note that we are required to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any order placed prior to your request. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Do NOT provide us with any sensitive personal information such as your social security number, banking information (other than your credit or debit card number), medical records, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background. We would NOT be asking this information in connection with the services offered through the Website.
If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from
children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.